Monday, November 1, 2010

Lettuce Wraps and Coconut Rice

This is from my friend Heidi who got it from my friend Tonya at cooking club.  The rice is also from Heidi who got it from Heather at the same cooking club.  Jeremy and I couldn't stop eating this dish-- its so yummy.


Lettuce Wraps:

1-2 T sesame oil

1/2 T minced garlic

1 1/4 lbs. ground turkey

1 lg bell pepper, diced

1 bunch green onions, minced

1/2 C hoison sauce

1 t-1 T (I usually do 1/2 T) chili garlic sauce-this is what makes it spicy

1/2 c dry roasted peanuts, crushed

Romain lettuce leaves

Brown turkey in lg. saute pan with sesame oil and garlic. When close to done add bell pepper, green onion, hoison sauce, chili garlic sauce, and peanuts. Simmer together for about 10 min. Serve on lettuce leaves.

It's easy and healthy and happy.

Coconut Rice:

And the coconut rice is just 1 c. coconut milk simmered with a few pinches of salt and 2 T. sugar poured over 1 cup cooked rice. When mangos are in season I always put the mangos on top. Makes it even yummier. This is all making me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment