Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mushroom & Wild Rice Chicken Casserole

This is a variation on the chicken and cheese casserole I posted a couple weeks ago.  I made the modifications myself and think it turned out SO delicious!
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 large onion, chopped(I used half an onion)
  • 2 -8 ounce boxes Uncle Bens long grain and wild rice, cooked according to directions
  • 1 cup swiss cheese grated
  • 2 - 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (regular or fat free)
  • sliced mushrooms(as many as you prefer)

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. About halfway through I added the mushrooms, but you could put them in at the start if you want, they really shrink no matter when you put them in!  A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot.  This was SOOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment