Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Absent Cook" Stew (Crock Pot Recipe)

"Absent Cook" Stew (Crock Pot Recipe) - from Fix it and Forget it

  • 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
  • 2-3 carrots, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 large potatoes, cubed
  • 3 ribs celery, sliced
  • 10 3/4-oz can tomato soup
  • 1 soup can water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • dash of pepper
  • 2 TBSP vinegar
  1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker
  2. Cover. Cook on low 10-12 hours

This is our family favorite-- well, one of my two children like it. Of course Jer likes it. I put in extra water and maybe only use one pound of meat. I love crock pot cooking- its so easy and the wonderful smells meet you at the door. Please share your slow cooking recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, this is my total favorite, however its always much better when you make it. Not because then I didnt have to make it, for some reason yours tastes better than mine! Secret ingredient? Or made with love? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete