Monday, January 5, 2009

Chicken Jambalaya (WW Recipe)

Chicken Jambalaya

  • 2 1/2 oz raw turkey sausage, chopped(I use ground italian turkey sausage and drain it after I cook it, before I put in the veggies)
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 med clerey stalk, chopped(I chop these up really small- don't like cooked celery too much)
  • 1 small green or red pepper, chopped(I prefer red)
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 1/2 tsp driend thyme(I haven't used this spice because I don't have it and forget to buy it. Everything else is so flavorful you might not need all of these spices, but its fun to play with them)
  • 1 tsp table salt
  • 2 med garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 med chicken breast, cooked, skinless, cubed- about 2 cups
  • 28 oz canned tomatoes, whole, plum, peeled with juice
  • 2 cup fat free chicken broth
  • 1 cup unchooked white rice, long grain(I will sometimes use basmati rice)

  1. Coat a large, nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Over high heat, saute sausage until crispy on edges. Add onion, celery and pepper. Saute until tender.
  2. Reduce heat and stir in cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic. Saute until garlic is fragrent.
  3. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, broth and rice. Bring to simmer, cover and let cook until rice is tender- around 20 minutes.

4 servings just over a cup each.
Around 7 points per serving.
This takes a bit of time, but is fairly easy. Kids aren't a huge fan. Husband is.

No comments:

Post a Comment