Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sausage Potato Soup

Sausage Potato Soup - From the kitchen of Christy B.(One of the best cooks I know. The only thing better than making this, is her making it for me. :o)
  • 2 tbls butter
  • 1 whole onion
  • 1/2 c. celery sliced
  • 3 c. potatoes, cubed
  • 3 c. chicken broth
  • 1 lbs. smoked sausage
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 c. milk
  1. Melt butter and saute onions and celery until translucent.
  2. Add potatos and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
  3. Cover, reduce heat, add sausage and simmer for 15-20 mins.
  4. In a small bowl combine sour cream and mushroom soup.
  5. Add to soup.
  6. Stir in Milk- heat thru, do not boil

**I use ground turkey italian sausage and cook it with the onion and celery step. I will add an extra cup or two of water to make it go further. I always add some garlic if I have some. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment