Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Chicken Taco Casserole(Freezer Meal)

Directions

  1. Mix taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
  2. Add shredded chicken and coat it well with tomato mixture.
  3. Place cooked rice in the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 2 or disposable baking pan.
  4. Top with chicken mixture.
  5. (You may want to flash freeze at this point before going on to the next step) Top with 1-2 cans of refried beans so you have a nice even coating.
  6. Freeze in the disposable pan or pop out and put in freezer bag.
  7. Place casserole back in the 9 X 13 X 2 pan.
  8. After thawing top with grated cheese.
  9. Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes at 350F or until hot all the way through and the cheese is nice and bubbly.
  10. Top with your favorite toppings or dip with tortilla chips!
I like to make up 5 or 6 pans of this at one time and freeze them for later meals. We use it as taco filling, or it makes a great dip. I usually put the cheese on top before I freeze it, that way I am sure it will have cheese! We go through cheese quickly around here. Everyone seems to like this dish and it really is quite easy, especially when all you have to do is thaw and heat up!

2 comments:

  1. Yum. Just hold the beans on mine! :o> Could I make these in 8X8 pans for freezing? I am thinking I could make this recipe up and make two meals out of it--since my family is not quite as big as yours. Yet. :o>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I only ever use the 8x8 pans for these and there is always plenty for everyone when we use it as taco filling, so YEAH that would work fine for you, maybe you'd have leftovers. You know in another month your family will only be one behind us! Shouldn't take you long to catch up...hehehe!

    ReplyDelete