Friday, January 2, 2009

Chicken Bombay

This is one of our favorite chicken dishes. I prefer to use breasts with it, but thighs and wings are good too. It can be doubled and then half of it frozen for another quick meal. Yummy!

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 lbs chicken pieces

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until smooth and slightly warmed.
  2. Roll each piece of chicken into the sauce and place in a greased, 9x13 inch baking pan.
  3. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Spread remaining sauce over chicken and bake for an additonal half hour or until chicken is done.
  4. To freeze: after Chicken has cooled, label and freeze for up to 4 months.
  5. To serve: thaw overnight and bake until heated through add an additional 30-45 minutes if baking from frozen.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That was fast! I am going to make this for some of the ladies in my ward that just had babies. I will invite the rest of the family to join up-- feel free to invite any of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make this for my VT ladies when they need meals, they tell me they love it, although would they tell me if they didn't? hehe

    I hope we get lots of recipes posted. I have a lot of fun recipes to add, hopefully no one will get sick of hearing from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited-- I bought some curry powder today-- might make it tommorrow. I need to try it out on my famiy before I go making it for anyone else of course....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH- do you serve this with rice normally? have you tried it with pasta or potatoes? Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually serve this with white or brown rice and veggies on the side.

    Cute new blog look by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm... this was good. I am not a huge musterd fan and smelling it cooking wasn't doing a lot for me, but MMMMMM I loved it. Will be making it again and again. :o)

    ReplyDelete